Thursday, June 23, 2005

Traveling through Virginia

Left the Lynchburg TT campground about 8:30 this morning, Thursday, taking US24 to Roanoke, a more scenic route through the hills and towns, woods and farmlands of central Virginia. Then took I581 north to the I81 taking us to Bristol near the Tennessee border. Tomorrow we will take US25E from I81 and go to Sheri’s, picking up I75 in Kentucky to US150 and Danville, their new home.

Again we avoided a commercial campground at Bristol. We were looking for Exit 7 that went to a campground I had identified from the Internet before leaving home, but found signs taking us to Sugar Hollow Park, with a city owned campground near the freeway but in the woods and isolated from the mainstream. We almost have it to ourselves, a perfect spot for our last camping night of our vacation. It is a dry campsite but with power and well graded, also near a clean comfort station with hot showers. Guess that’s it ‘till we get home. Hopefully I can post this and our Lynchburg report when we get to the Herndon’s.

No comments: