Monday, June 05, 2006

On The Road Again

Here we go again - vacation 2006. I know some people (you know who you are) don't think pastors should take vacations, but boy do we need it. Our people are great and gracious, but most of them know we need a break now and then and we really do appreciate it. Helps us to concentrate on the church the rest of the time.

Enough, this year we are taking our trailer in tow with our Jeep Liberty and heading toward Washington DC. Right now we are half way there, staying two nights at a KOA in Wytheville, VA. Left at little after 8 a.m. CDT and got here about 6 p.m. EDT for a total of 388.2 miles. Not bad considering Nelda never saw a rest stop she didn't like. At least I got away with ignoring her recognition of every Cracker Barrel along the way.

Today was a beautiful day for travel. Temperature in the 70's, blue sky with white cumulus clouds and wonderfully green terrain. Came up I59 and I24 to I75 then I40 to I81. We'll take I81 on Wednesday to I66 then the beltway I480 around to the north where Cherry Hill Park Campground is located. From there we will sightsee DC, visit some properties owned by the first Moore's in my family tree to migrate across the sea, spend some time with some Moore's who have researched our geneology and enjoy a week of living in our home away from home.

That's all for now. Tomorrow we just rest up for the next leg of 311 miles on the interstate dodging all the trucks. Nelda is fixing our dinner so here's to all our friends. Pickle, this one is for you as promised.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»