Thursday, February 12, 2004

Today was my last office day at Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church and School in Diamond Bar. All the children made and signed cards with many wonderful and thoughtful sentiments regarding our leaving them and going to Alabama to start a new ministry. Head Elder Bert Talbert and the Church Office Executive Assistant Rita Moreno took me to lunch at the Chinese Resturant accross the street. It was very nice and I will surely miss them and all the great people at Mt. Calvary who have been very supportive and a blessing in my 5 1/2 months with them. Now I must concentrate on our move and in helping Nelda and my daughters Liz and Sheri getting all the packing and disposal done so we can leave on the 22nd.

This Sunday, Feb. 15th will be my last Sunday at Mt. Calvary. Then on the 22nd I will preach my last sermon at Trinity in Anaheim. On Saturday the 21st will be an open house at the home of Ken and Joy Dahlberg in Villa Park, then after the service on Sunday we will leave in our Motorhome followed by Sheri & Sean in our two cars as we caravan eastward to Gadsden, Alabama. We plan to arrive on Thursday so Sean and Sheri can go home by Friday.

There is still much to do but everything is slowly coming together. With the Lord helping us and guiding us we will commit our way unto him and He will bring it to pass.

No comments: